A person sells a house a few times in his lifetime and therefore he is totally naive about the whole process of closing the house deal. It can be a real challenge to sell your house unless you know a local Palm Beach County real estate agent who agrees to work with you for free or on huge discount on his commission.
You must have landed on this page How to Sell Your House By Yourself in Palm Beach County Florida for a number of reasons discussed below:
- You cannot afford to pay real estate agent’s commission because you have no or little equity in your house.
- You have equity, but you want to save money in trying to sell your house by yourself rather than hiring an agent and paying him.
- You are in foreclosure or heading that way and you just wish to sell your house fast without paying thousands of dollars to the agent as his commission.
- You want to sell your house quickly for cash and cannot possibly wait for months and months it sometimes takes to sell a house in the Palm Beach County area.
Whatever the reason may be but the core problem is that you wish to sell your house yourself here in the local Palm Beach County real estate market without involving third parties like agents and brokers.
Since 2013, the housing sector has been experiencing major recovery and selling your house at this time can be very profitable. However, it is essential that you take the right steps and use smart marketing strategies. You must also be realistic about your expectation and what do you want to achieve with this sale. This article below will explore the ways to sell your house by yourself in Palm Beach County.
Know the Palm Beach County Real Estate Market Well
The first and the most important step that you must take is to acquaint yourself with your Palm Beach County real estate market. You must do a market research on your neighborhood in the Palm Beach County Florida and visit various online home marketing sites such as Chase Home Value, Zillow and Eppraisal. You must also call an agent and ask him about the current market value of your house or you can go through various market price techniques to price your house right. Thus, research like this will allow you to come up with the right price for your house and deter you from making common selling mistakes.
If you do not want to go in hassle of extensive reading and coming up with the right price for your home by yourself, give us a call at (561) 370-8335 and we will give you an honest fair evaluation of what your house is really worth on the retail market. The price we will quote may not be the one you will get if you wait for 3-6 months at least in selling your house. However, if you wish to sell your house rather quick for cash, we will make a cash offer and can close in as little as 7 days.
Assess the Market
Although, this step is similar to conducting market research, the difference is that you are looking exclusively at your neighborhood and similar houses. You need to ask a few questions and find their answers in order to assess the market. Are there lots of houses for sale in your neighborhood here in the Palm Beach County? If that is the case, what is the average price that the houses are being listed for? Are there lots of foreclosures in your neighborhood? If so, then the price of your house will be less.
Assess the House
In order to sell your house at a good price, you must ensure that your house is in good condition. As a marketing strategy, you must be aware how to identify certain unique characteristics and emphasize them while selling. For example, in a Palm Beach County people usually prefer the house with a driveway parking rather than garage parking.
Also, you need to ask a few questions regarding your house repairs and renovations. Does your house require repairs? Do you need to repaint your house from inside and out? How is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good shape? Is your house modern or outdated? All of these things can either make your house more attractive or less in the eyes of buyers and determine the price they are willing to pay.
After you have evaluated your house, come up with an asking price for your Palm Beach County home that is fair. Make sure the price is attractive and tempt the buyers to make a quick purchase rather than asking for exorbitant price that could take you a year or more to sell your house.
Use Photos or Videos
Palm Beach County buyers are obsessed with the media. To reach a wider market, you should consider taking photos and walk through videos of your house. In fact, videos are considered more transparent and honest representation of your house than photos. However, this should not stop you from taking photos as this is considered a more economical option. Take some great pictures and take pictures of every room of your house. People often want to see the house before a visit so take pictures of your house from outside and from different angles. In order to sell your house quick and get the right buyer, post some great pictures of your house online and wait for the right buyer to approach you.
Get Your House Listed on the local Palm Beach County MLS® and Market Your House
You can even get your house listed on the local Palm Beach County MLS® with a low flat fee that real estate agents charge to put your house in front of all the real estate agents and buyers. However, if you choose to hire the help of a real estate agent, this will cost you a commission of 2-6% of the selling price. You can also place the ads in the local newspapers, sign on the roads or hold an open house to attract buyers to make a quick purchase.
Does all of this sound a lot of work?
Selling your house by yourself in Palm Beach County can be a tedious job and requires time and money both. Although the sellers in the Palm Beach County often think that they are saving money and time both by marketing the house themselves, in reality, it is often a different case.
If you are planning to sell your house by yourself, there are few things you must consider:
- Selling your house may not be your best bet if you are not ready to spend some money on marketing your house or you are not a good marketer at all.
- If you do not do a good job preparing the house or you do not know the proper marketing materials that may give you good price, you may fail to build the value of the house in the minds of the buyers. Thus, you will end up selling your house for 3-8% less than you may get for the same house if an experienced person market your house.
- The seller does not think about holding and opportunity cost. If you are trying to sell your house by yourself and at a higher price, you may end up waiting for a buyer after several months. Now think about the cost that you will incur during these months. Every month that your house does not sell means another mortgage payment, tax payment, utilities and insurance payments. Now lets say your house does not sell for another 7 months, then you got to pay the mortgage payment of $1300 each month and that makes $9100 for seven months. So it can make great sense to sell your house fast for cash and get a discounted price rather than putting up with the hassle of trying to sell your house by yourself in Palm Beach County.
Home Solutions FLA buys local Palm Beach County Florida houses. We will give you a fair price and save you from paying commissions.
We would love to make you a fair no obligation, no hassle cash offer on your house.
We can close the deal in as little as 7 days and save you thousand of dollars in marketing your house by yourself. We will also do all the repairs and pay for the renovations out of our pocket.
Get a quotation for your house today. Give us a call today at (561) 370-8335 or just fill the quick simple form through the link on the right.