Selling Your Home In A Hurry?
Unfortunately, selling your home can be a long, drawn-out and arduous process. It is, after all, a major expense for most buyers. Expediting the process is possible, but it’s important to do it right, in order to maintain the integrity of the sale. Here’s how:
1. Price to entice. While you may want to leave a little room for negotiations, when you want to sell fast, listing the house lower will attract more potential buyers. It will also show them that you are a serious seller, not simply testing the market or someone who may be interested in letting go of the property. Particularly to agents who have set figures their buyers are willing to pay, a lower figure will entice the most offers and spread the word about your house.
2. Give the interior an updating. It’s quick and relatively inexpensive to splash on a fresh coat of paint where needed; the same goes for new fixtures on sinks and cupboards. These are little things that make a big difference, including the difference between a potential buyer making a serious offer or going home to “sleep on it”.
3. Make the home less personal. No matter how long you’ve occupied the home, remove all the things that make it “yours”. You want people to be able to walk in and immediately envision themselves and all their belongings in the space. Take family photos down and anything else that obstructs people’s imaginations from personalizing your home.
4. Make a great first impression with curb appeal. As soon as a prospective buyer sees your property, you want them to say “Wow!”. Curb appeal is everything, especially because it’s the first impression made by the home. Bring flowers in, add lawn ornaments and do whatever it takes to improve the “wow factor”. This great first impression will remain with people while they’re contemplating the purchase.
5. Be flexible with showing the house. While it can be difficult to manage showing the place with the rest of your schedule, the more people you allow in, the greater the chances of a fast sale. Have an open house every weekend, allow for private showings for those who miss the open and be willing to allow your agent to show the home in your absence.
6. Stage like a professional (or hire one). Staging is one of the most overlooked and underestimated tools in selling a home, especially when you want to sell it fast. Staging presents the home as a finished, highly-polished product. Potential buyers need not wonder what any room or space in the house was designed for, because staging spells it all out. Learn how to do it like a pro with all the props, or hire a professional stager who knows how to maximize the use of every corner of your home to sell, sell, sell!
7. Showcase your home online. Approximately 90 percent of would-be home buyers begin their search online, thus, this is where you need to be. Feature your home in an abundance of great photos, removing all personal elements first. Take shots at different angles and different times of the day, to demonstrate what it really feels like to live there. List the home on as many sites as possible and respond to people’s inquiries, even if they don’t seem overwhelmingly interested.
8. Feature the neighborhood in all your sales presentations. People are going to ask, so you expedite their learning process by including as much information as possible in all your listings – in classifieds, online and with Realtors®. Tell prospects how great the schools are, how easy the neighbors are to get along with if you have any and tell them where your family hangs out on weekends. Movie theaters, restaurants, malls, farmer’s markets. Don’t miss a single detail about how wonderful it is living at your address.
Selling your home quickly is an art and a science. If you follow these eight suggestions, you should increase your chances of success.
Home Solutions Fla LLC buy houses quickly all cash and you save $1ooo’s in real estate commissions, if you are Selling your home in a hurry, please contact us today for a fast cash offer.